Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Well needed update...

Sooo, it's been a while since I last updated. Right now I'm in Chiang mai, Thailand, having a great time. But let me rewind a little and fill you lot in on what else has been going down in china town ( that sounded cooler in my head) ... A week after Palolem/Hampi I travelled up to Delhi to begin my 1 week "Golden Triangle group Tour " . We all had to meet at a small hotel in the ghetto of Delhi. Day 1 of the tour was just a "get to know your group day", it also happened to be the 1st day of the "Holy festival " so we got to take part in throwing bright paints & dyes at each other and some locals. By the afternoon we looked like paint palettes and our clothes were unrecognisable . We all had a blast though :D . The next day we all packed into the mini van to start our tour adventure . Over the next week we visited temples, mosques, the Red fort , the Taj Mahal, Rajasthani local Market and a few palaces. The highlight of the tour was probably seeing the Taj Mahal. Photo's just don't do it justice, I took some typical tourist snaps which hopefully I will put up soon. Within this month at least :p . It all went by very quickly, and we were all exhausted by the end of it. But iwas such a good experience and a perfect way to use up my last week in India . Since india I have been pretty useless with my camera. I keep forgetting to take photos. I haven't got any of Thailand so far :s . Will try and start now . I've also been eating WAY too MUCH . It's so hard, because food is so yummy here ! I'm gonna come back bigger than I set off. Oh well, I'll try and be better .... Eventually . So I arrived into Bangkok about a week ago and headed to koh San road ( which is where all the backpackers and gap year students hang out). On the bus from the airport I met 2 lads from London, James and Lee, who were reli sweet and such a laugh and then we also met 2 girls from Bristol who are my age; Immy and Anna . Anyway, so for the first night after we had all checked in to our various hostels , we went out have a few drinks on koh San road. The boys and Anna left the next day and Immy and I just hung around ... And we've basically been hanging together since. I've met so many other cool people here, mainly my age group for a change :). A few things we did in Bangkok were, visited the NBK centre, went to a few markets, went to Siam square, got a thai foot massage, got the fish foot experience ( where you dangle your legs in a big fish tank, and the fish nibble at your feet, making them super soft) ... We walked around a lot & we ate a lot. Bangkok was fun, but 5 days was enough. Monday I got a sleeper train up to Chaing Mai with another friend, Ned from Bristol . (there are so many Bristol folk here) . The sleeper train was so cool! (Well comparing to Indian sleepers). It was clean, the lower berth beds were huge and they came with a pillow and blanket . Was great. So now I'm in chaing mai, today I have just been exploring my surroundings. I think tomorrow I will go to the Chiang mai zoo, Which is supposed to be reli nice. Saturday I will go to the famous night Market. Sunday Immy, Ned and I might go on a day trip up to the mountains where you can go elephant riding in the jungle, then White water rafting and swimming in the waterfalls. I also quite want to go to Tiger kingdom, where you can play with the Tiger cubs. Who knows.... So many options.... Will try and add piccies soon X

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely newsy posting, sounds so much fun and like you're meeting loads of new mates. Now I really want to see the photos so get clickin'. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete